Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

So, What's Up?



Good morning, all. It’s time for another entry in the weekly Blog. So, what have I been up lately? Well, I’ve been working hard on the new book, “Hidden History of Mobile”.

The book will tell some unknown stories from the 300+ year history of Alabama’s Port City. There will also be a few tales you might have heard of, but I’ll take a turn and give those stories a unique twist.

I kid you not, the notes I have for stories are overwhelming! What can you expect from a city with such rich – and LONG – history? They are just tossed about all willy-nilly around my writing room where I just stand, look at the notes, and say, “where do I begin?”


But, it’s coming together quite nicely and I think you’ll enjoy the final product. Don’t worry. “Hidden History of Mobile” won’t be a stodgy history book. Besides the Native Americans, early explorer, and Mardi Gras stories, I have plenty of fun chapters with amazing stories from Mobile’s pop-culture and entertainment past as well.

And even though I have a stack of material to work with, I’m always looking for something else – a unique story of what makes Mobile what it is. SO, if you have any stories you’ve heard or know about, I’d like to hear about them. Who knows, if I research it and it is included in the book, you could get a free copy. Just drop me a line through Messenger or through my website.

By the way, the book is slated for a Fall 2019 release.

In the meantime, as I continue on with history, Falcon Guides is looking at two brand new hiking guides to the state. More to come.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment