Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Cozying Up with a Mystery


Congratulations to all who put on the Mobile Literary Festival (MLF) this past weekend. It was another huge success. I arrived a bit late but the presentations that I did see were great and so informative. I have written 18 (going on 19) books now and I always need a little push to get motivated again. MLF is what I needed.

Eons ago I wrote a murder mystery and didn’t do much with it. I thought I might resurrect it and start re-editing it for possible submission to publishers but first, I wanted to see if anyone thought it was a good idea. I sent an “elevator pitch” to MLF’s Pitch War and was shocked with the glowing review the crowd and agent gave it! It was that spark that had me dusting off the old manuscript this morning to give it a look over. Here is the pitch I submitted that received high praise. What do you think? Would you read that book? (I’m opening myself up here for disaster, LOL!):
"Staffers at a wartime radio station in a bustling Southern port city watch with horror as the body of their dear friend, radio actress Samantha Starr, is wheeled down a hallway. Her arm, now pale white, dangles from the blanket covering her body; the only color is her highly polished Chen Yu Opium Dream nail polish. Her husband is accused of her murder, but the station’s foley artist, Art Foley (he will tell you the name is just a coincidence), believes an innocent man is being hung out to dry-- perhaps literally--and he sets out to prove his innocence."

No comments:

Post a Comment