Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hiking Alabama 4th Edition Well Underway

I have to tell you, since the first edition of "Hiking Alabama" almost eleven years ago, Alabama has truly become a hiking destination. I'm really enjoying getting out and checking out the many new trails in the state and revisiting old favorites. I originally had a list of the hikes I was definately going to include in the book. Only trouble is, I keep finding something new that I want to include.  It's a good bad problem.

What's even better is seeing the hundreds of families out there on the trails. Children of all ages from infants in carriers to teens joining their parents for an outing in the woods. I was at Red Mountain Park last Saturday and there must have been a good mile of cars lining both sides of Frankfurt Road at the trailhead, most of them loaded with families. A great sight.

So, the research continues. Heading to the northeast corner of the state this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment