Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

"Best Tent Camping Alabama" Set for Release

(Pre-order your copy today)

It was a long hard road but "Best Tent Camping Alabama" is due to hit bookshelves on April 9th! I can't thank the staff at Menasha Ridge Press enough for the hard work in putting this together especially the work of Amber Henderson who was a joy to work with and made the editing process a breeze.

It was a long haul. I truly believed in this book and sent my first proposal to Menasha Ridge two years ago. Acquisition Editor Susan Haynes also believed in the book and went to bat for me. It's rare that an AE believes in something so much that they would keep pressing until the proposal was accepted. I can't thank her enough for her determination.

Then, in the middle of my research, I had surgery on my leg so traveling to all of the campsites had to be delayed. But Menasha was a great company to work for and they worked with me by extending deadlines so that I could recover. I finally got back on my feet, finished the manuscript, and here we are.

The book highlights 50 of the best tent camping sites in the state. I hope you will use it to explore the many wonders and beautiful campgrounds Alabamahas to offer then be inspired to go out and find the hundreds of other campgrounds waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment