Finally, it's fall. Temperatures are "slowly," and I mean slowly, getting cooler here on the Gulf Coast. With the change in temps comes the famous Gulf rains. As I write this, I'm fighting the urge to get lost in daydreams staring at a downpour through the bay window in my writing room. But, no time for that. Lots to do.
Since last we met, my new publisher, Turner Publishing, suggested a title change for my new book. It is now titled, The Sky is Not the Limit: The Unsung Women of the Space Race. The former title was "Beyond the Launchpad." I think this new title better sums up what the book is all about.
The first round of edits - the line edits - have been completed. Three more rounds to go. It's on schedule for its pub date of June 15, 2027 and I can't wait for you to read it. It is one of the most satisfying books I have written. The stories of these women are amazing. Some will shock you while others will amaze.
I have to thank the NASA public relations department for setting up an interview with the Artemis projects Director of Landing and Recover, Lilliana Villarreal. What a pleasure she was to talk to. She brings a new dimension to the book. Here is a clip from the interview where Lilly gives young women advice on working toward a career in one of the STEM fields.
I hope you've had a chance to listen to the new podcast I'm happy to be a part of, Meanwhile...Mobile. The podcast brings little know, obscure, and forgotten history of the 320+ year old Alabama port city, Mobile, to life. Two of my old radio colleagues, Kathy Richardson and Dennis Gould, came up with the idea after reading my book, Hidden History of Mobile. With over three centuries of history, there are a lot of stories that need to be told. Please check it out and let me know what you think.






No comments:
Post a Comment