Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2026

Better Late...

 


Hello again, everyone. I apologize for being late with this month's blog, but things have been pretty hectic here at the old Writing Ranch. I do hope all of you have had a great summer.

To catch up on what's happening, as you would imagine, there is plenty of writing going on here. I'm down to the final edits of Beyond the Launchpad: The Unsung Women of the Space Race for Turner Publishing. I can't say enough about how great the editors have been during the writing and editing process and now, as I wrap up those edits, I'm turning my focus to promotion. The book is due of release June 15, 2027.

The really big news for Beyond the Launchpad is that NASA approved an interview for me to conduct with Artemis II astronaut, Christina Koch. I am so looking forward to it. Needless to say, she's one busy astronaut since returning from the moon but NASA is working on scheduling the conversation.




My old radio colleagues Kathy Richardson and Dennis Gould were proud to announce on August 3rd that the first episode of our new podcast, Meanwhile...Mobile, dropped! The show brings little known, forgotten, and obscure history from Alabama's 320+ year old port city to life.



The response has been phenomenal and we can't thank you enough. We kept the first episode lighthearted and introduce listeners to only a few of the city's innovators and their inventions. 

Episodes drop bi-weekly on our website, MeanwhileMobile.Com complete with show notes and additional resources, or wherever you get your podcasts.

And work continues on the final edit of my cozy mystery which, by the way, has been renamed: Murder on the Airwaves: A Crystal Bay Mystery. When I was discussing the books with editors not long ago, I asked what their impression was of my two protagonists, Judy Campbell and her boyfriend Art Foley. I was surprised at their reply:

Judy Campbell reminds me of an older Nancy Drew-she's sharp, stubborn in the best way, refuses to let dismissive cops handle things, and has street smarts.
Her boyfriend Art Foley reminds me of Poirot's assistant, Captain Hastings: loyal, a little goofy, and stumbles onto the truth more often than you'd think.

Wow! I'll take it!

That's all for this month. Thank you again for joining me on my writing journey. We'll talk again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment