Pages

Friday, August 17, 2018

The Edits are In! The Edits are In!




My wait is over. I’ve received the first of two go-arounds of edits for the “Best Dog Hikes Alabama” book. All I can say is, at least the Table of Contents is correct. Just kidding! It actually looks great.

From what I see the corrections are the typical lot - a lot of basic “should hyphenate this” and “shouldn’t have abbreviated that”. The rules always slightly change with each book, but that’s ok. I’ll take it!

It really does look good and I think you will enjoy this guide book. I didn’t realize how much detail went into this one until I glossed over it last night.

This first edit is my “corrective” go-around where I get a chance to correct any mistakes that I missed when I proofed it the first time, add any missing tidbits, and make the changes the editors requested. I also get a chance to change any mistakes on the maps.

My hat’s off to the cartographers who did an amazing job transferring my GPS maps and handwritten and diagramed topographic maps into really great looking images.


So, I have 10-days to turn this around and get it back to the editors. The next time I see it there will be no more changes, only minor corrections in grammar and punctuation. It will have all of the full-color photos placed within and I’ll finally get to see the actual cover, which, of course, I will share with all of you just as soon as I see it.

Well, best get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment