Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Short Stories and the Story Pod



As you may – or may not – know, I do two different types of podcasts, one audio and one video. If you’ve ever had a chance to view or listen to one, I’d like to hear from you and get your opinions on them. Just add a comment below, drop me a message of Facebook, or visit my online contact page.

As I said, there are two types of podcasts I produce. First, there are my videos that run the gambit, from sharing some of my favorite hikes and outdoor adventures, to short historical documentaries, to music videos by my old band. I usually post these once a month but have two planned for September, a new one from my book, Hiking through History Alabama, and the first one for my new book, Best Dog Hikes Alabama.

The audio podcasts are my absolute favorite to produce, probably because of my old radio career that to me was my dream job. I call these podcasts my “Story Pods”. They are simply short stories about growing up that hopefully we can all relate to, that bring back happy memories for you, or just get you thinking. I always post at least one a month to SoundCloud for your listening pleasure.

Several of the stories have been culled from my book, Living in a Banana Dream, but there have been new stories produced with more on the way, all of which are “loosely based on faulty memories”.


I love producing these for several reasons. The first, as I mentioned, was that I get to put my radio chops to work. I love to work in a studio. The other reason, and most obvious, it that they take me – and hopefully you, too – back to our childhoods when life was simpler.

I love producing these for several reasons. The first, as I mentioned, was that I get to put my radio chops to work. I love to work in a studio. The other reason, and most obvious, is that they take me, and hopefully you, too, back to our childhoods when life was simpler.


So, the stories from Banana Dream, including a ton of new ones, are being refurbished and will be winging their way to a publisher hopefully by the end of the year. We’ll see how that goes. In the meantime, there are more stories to tell so be on the lookout for them. The September 2018 edition is called, “Love is a Many Splintered Thing”, the story of the very first time you go out on a date with the opposite sex. Uh-huh. You’re already reliving your experience, aren’t you?

Don’t forget, you can listen to all of the Story Pods on my website, JoeCuhaj.Com.

Till next time….

1 comment:

  1. When i purchased on your site nonetheless placement concentrate solely a bit small submits. Fulfilling technique for near future, I'll be book-marking every time obtain individuals complete occurs in position. 短篇小說

    ReplyDelete