Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

July, 1969





Hello, again, everyone. Welcome to the New Year! I hope all of you had a fantastic holiday.

It’s back to putting the old pen to paper, or fingers to the keyboard, for me. Still have a lot of projects floating out there and I’ll be updating you on those here on the blog in the next few weeks including an update on the “Best Dog Hikes Alabama” manuscript which is coming along nicely. I’m quite happy with it so far.

One project that I am finally getting to put some time into is the manuscript for “Everyone’s Gone to the Moon”. As I’ve mentioned before, this will be the story not only of the preparations, launch, landing, and return of Apollo 11, our first manned lunar landing, but also a look at the world in July 1969. It will focus on other space news that occurred during the month, like the story of the Soviet space program literally going up in smoke, world news and events like the fight for Civil Rights and equality, and the pop culture that shaped a generation.


It will also highlight what life was like in 1969 with stories from everyday people about their struggles and what the moon landing meant to them. I am just starting to collect those stories and could use your help.

I am looking for interesting, compelling stories about life in July 1969. Maybe you or someone you know has such a story to tell - maybe you worked at one of the NASA facilities (we're talking the everyday people: cafeteria workers, tour guides, public relations). Maybe you met with Apollo astronauts during that time or were at the launch. Maybe you were part of the history outside of the space program fighting for Civil Rights, women's equality, returning home from Vietnam, or protesting the war. Or maybe you were having a unique life experience during July 1969. 


If so, drop me a line on my website’s contact page. Just jot a brief note down about your story and if it fits I will be in contact.
So, the journey begins. I think this will be a fascinating one. I’ll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment