Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A Must See in Seattle

 

Good morning, all! I finally got my eyes open after the whirlwind trip to Seattle. Yes, I was "Sleepless in Seattle." There. Got the joke in there. 🙂 I was there for the annual Yuri's Day celebration at the Museum of Flight for the Space Oddities book signing and lecture. I've been to many fascinating museums and this one is at the top of my list now. Here are a few photos from the museum. If you are ever in Seattle, I highly recommend strolling through the acres of exhibits. You won't be disappointed.



In the original Boeing factory building from the early 1900s, the original machinery used to make          aircraft still works.




An early mail plane.


  A stealth SR-71 Blackbird.

 

                                                                          
A flight simulator that does barrel rolls. I did NOT take it for a spin.



An Apollo test capsule # 007.


A good looking mock up of the Apollo lunar module.


     A little perspective on just how big the Apollo Saturn V engines were.     

 

A flight battered Russian Vostok capsule.


Not a bad backdrop: Mount Rainier.

No comments:

Post a Comment