Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2023

Another Title In The Pipeline

 

You just knew I couldn't sit still for long. After wrapping up the manuscripts for "Everyone's Gone to the Moon", "Best Easy Day Hikes Birmingham", and "A History Lover's Guide to Mobile and the Alabama Gulf Coast", I swore I would take a break from writing another book. Nope. Not me. I'm putting together another proposal to my publisher for a new book, "GI JIVE: The Music That Helped Win World War II". I am a huge fan of 1940s Big Band music thanks to my Mom who would turn on the radio on a Saturday afternoon when I was growing up and tune to a local radio station out of NYC that played an hour of this genre and she would reminisce about the music. The intersection of the music and the war effort is incredible. The work is in its very early stages. I'm must laying out the outline. We'll see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment