Pages

Monday, June 19, 2023

Oh, The Possibilities

 


With storm clouds on the horizon for yet another "weather alert" day, my mind is wandering with a bajillion possible writing projects being yanked from the filing cabinet in my brain. I've had positive responses from a couple publishers about my proposed non-fiction WWII history manuscript, "GI Jive", and my short story collection, "A Fig Newton of My Imagination", but as I sit here and wait for the official go ahead, I'm pondering other possible projects. 


The Alabama Gulf Coast has seen an incredible rise in the number of hiking trails and walking paths over the past few years. Since my PKD has been keeping me from doing any long hikes right now, I may research the possibility of authoring a new trail guide to those nice, shorter but just as fascinating and beautiful hikes. 

I've also been reading a lot of mysteries again. Just finished the latest Miss Fisher mystery by Kerry Greenwood, "Death in Daylesford." Great read. Probably 10+ years ago I wrote a mystery that takes place in Mobile, Alabama during WWII at a local radio station. The characters were based on people I knew in my radio days. They get killed off one by one. LOL! It's fiction, people! Anyway, a publisher loved the first two chapters, wanted to review the rest (which I hadn't quite finished yet), and I was pushed into completing it. Basically from chapter 3 on it was trash. I think I may revisit that one. 

So many options and if you know me, I'll tackle them all at once. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment