Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

First Review

 



Don't get me wrong. I love all of the 12 outdoor recreation books and two non-fiction history books that I have written over the past 20 years and think they all turned out great, but my latest title, "Space Oddities: Forgotten Stories of Mankind's Exploration of Space" is my absolute favorite. I jokingly call it my "real book" only because of the amount and depth of research I had to do to and how the words flowed as I wrote it. It was liberating not having a strict format to follow and being given complete artistic license to actually write.



I put the manuscript to bed several weeks ago and shipped it off (ok, emailed it) to the editor and last night received an incredible reply, the most glowing review I have ever received. It is the proudest I have ever been about any of my works which made it difficult to sleep last night. The review said:
"What a joy to read! Loved every minute of it. Interesting, well-researched, compellingly written, full of “what! Really?!” moments – exactly what we had in mind for this book. Excellent work, and a squeaky clean manuscript to boot – I wish every author that I worked with submitted a manuscript as clean as this."
WOW! Nice! I can't wait for it to hit bookshelves but unfortunately, we'll all have to wait until July 2022.


Photo courtesy NASA
 


No comments:

Post a Comment