Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

To the Moon, Alice!


Greetings, all!

Before I start rambling off the tracks like I'm prone to do, I want to remind everyone that I will be doing a book signing at the Barnes & Noble in the Eastern Shore Shopping Center in Spanish Fort, Saturday July 6th from 11am to 1pm! Another great store with a great staff that I love to visit and they’ve always been very supportive of my writing. Can’t wait! I hope to see you all there. (Directions)



Oh, and one more thing. You never write anymore! :) Of course, that's probably my fault. I never let anyone know how to reach me.

I'd love to hear from you! If you have comments or questions about any of my books or other musings, maybe questions about not only outdoor recreation in Alabama or the Gulf Coast but outdoor recreation in general, or maybe you want to tell me how much you love my podcast series, Joe Cuhaj’s Shorts or my videos, please feel free to drop me a line. 

Simply comment on this Facebook post or directly on this Blog entry, or you can send a message through my website, JOECUHAJ.COM.


Moving on…

As you know, we’ll be celebrating the 50th anniversary of mankind’s first steps on the moon in July. Yes, I am a space geek at heart. I loved following the space program in the 60s. My folks would let me be late getting to school to watch the Mercury launches, even skip school for special manned spaceflight events.

Of course, I had to build model rockets (long live Estes and Centuri!). Two of my best friends from the gang and I made up the Mahwah (New Jersey) Model Rocket Club where we terrorized the neighborhood with wayward Mars Landers and Big Bertha rockets. Ok, maybe that was ME that couldn’t get them to fly.

Anyway, the point being that I’m still a space geek. My DVR is already locked and loaded (the correct phrasing for that saying, by the way LOL) for all of the anniversary programming on the old TV.

To help celebrate, I have a few things coming up for all of you that I hope you will enjoy. First, I’ll be posting a brand new video in July that I think everyone will enjoy, especially all of you late-Baby Boomers who grew up with the space race.

And do you remember that book I was writing, Everyone’s Gone to the Moon? Sadly, while several publishers REALLY wanted it (or so they said), the book never did pass through their acquisitions process. Needless to say, it won’t be published in time for the anniversary. BUT, for your reading enjoyment, I’ll be releasing select chapters that you can download before it is released as an eBook.

It will be a busy July, to say the least – I’ll also be posting some excerpts from the new book, Hidden History of Mobile, that will be released this fall AND, of course, a brand new podcast.

Well, better get to it! Be on the lookout for all of this in July and I’ll see you July 6th at the Barnes & Noble in Spanish Fort, Alabama.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete