Pages

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Little Fall House Cleaning

This week’s blog is dedicated to doing a little house cleaning. I have a special announcement to make and I’ll be answering a couple of the many questions I have been receiving, but first, that announcement because I can’t keep a secret. Trust me I was much better at keeping secrets when I was a radioman in the Navy than I am now.

I wanted to do something special for all of you this holiday season, something to say thank you for buying my books, listening to my podcasts, watching my videos, and for all of your support this past year. So, in the spirit of the season beginning Thanksgiving Day I’ll be giving away some freebies. I think you’ll like what I have lined up if you like my short stories or you like my hiking guides and writing. It all begins Thanksgiving Day with a new giveaway each week until Christmas.


I’ll have the details on my Facebook page, my website JoeCuhaj.Com, and on my Blog on November 20th.

From the mailbag (do they still have those?) I have been asked about my podcasts and videos. On the videos I have been asked if there will be any new ones released soon. It has been a while since I posted one. As a matter of fact I have one on “Hiking the Mining and Steel History of Birmingham” that will come out in the next two weeks….that is if I quit watching baseball and my latest Mystery Science Theater box set.

As for the podcasts, people are just curious about them as in, “What the heck are these?”

For the podcasts I return to my radio roots so many years ago. I used to do an overnight trucking show (I know, right? Me?) on an AM station in Mobile, Alabama, WUNI.  I would take calls from listeners, truckers, and other jocks doing shows on other stations and between songs about Mama, trains, getting drunk, and prison we would just talk and get on a subject. Many times I would start rambling on about whatever we were talking about with a story from my past.

Well, those stories became the basis for my short story collection, “Living in a Banana Dream”, all stories about growing up told in what humorist Jean Shepherd called the “universal eye” – they can be about you, or you, or you. They were stories that we all could relate to in some way or another all loosely based on my faulty memory.


A few years ago, “Banana Dream” was released as an eBook to test the waters and it did fairly well so I have been revamping the collection and it is now heading to publishers for – hopefully – an eventual hard copy release. In the meantime, I thought it would be fun to do a podcast with those stories just like the old days. Once a month I sit down in the studio and crank one out for your listening pleasure.

As I’ve mentioned before in an earlier blog entry I had a few issues with the company I chose to host the shows on but, as I said, I’m in the process of re-mixing and re-releasing them so be on the lookout for those plus new ones, soon.

So that’s the story behind the podcasts. Hope you enjoy them and please, drop me a line with your comments on Facebook or from the contact link on my website.

 Till next time….


No comments:

Post a Comment