Pages

Monday, October 13, 2014

Hiking Alabama 4th Edition Hits the Shelves

This one took a lot longer than usual to hit the book shelves but I'm thrilled to announce that the fourth edition of "Hiking Alabama" has hit the book shelves! I can't say enough about the editors at Falcon Books for the job they did on this edition. It is truly beautiful.

The most notable change is that it's in color. The previous three editions (four if you count the original published by Beachway Press) were in black and white. How many times have I been asked why I didn't publish it in color. Uh, it wasn't up to me but the publisher. So my patented answer was, "here's a crayon. Get to work."

I'm just kidding but that's how it went for many years but now the true beauty of Alabama's landscapes can be seen.

The second big change is that it had been awhile since the trails had been re-walked for the book and many were closed or re-routed due to the storms of the past few years. This gave me a chance to not only revisit my favorites but add new ones. That's ALWAYS exciting.

So there it is - "Hiking Alabama 4th Edition". I hope it serves you well like the other editions. Happy Trails!


No comments:

Post a Comment