Pages

Monday, May 8, 2023

Easy Hikes is SO Subjective

 


My latest Falcon hiking guide, Best Easy Day Hikes Birmingham, has been getting a lot of great reviews. Thank you!



I have had a couple of comments about the book that I thought I would address. The first is from veteran hikers who say the hikes are too easy. That's true. It is called "Best Easy Hikes", after all. :) The book is designed more for beginning and intermediate hikers. If you're a veteran hiker in the state, you know these trails already and are hitting the more challenging hikes in the state already.

In contrast, I have had a couple of comments about the book's title, "Best EASY Day Hikes." The bulk of the hikes in the book can be done in half hour to an hour or two and are very easy walkers, but like I mention in the introduction, the word "easy" when it comes to hiking is very subjective. Different people see "easy" differently. An easy trail for one person can be challenging for another.

But having said that, when you open the book (which, by the way, is available at most online bookstores, local brick and mortar bookstores and outdoor shops in Alabama, and direct from me from my online store) you will notice that, as I said, the bulk of the hikes are truly easy, but then I up the difficulty a bit with one or two hikes that I would consider moderate to difficult for the average hiker.


The reason I added a smattering of more difficult hikes is because after doing those easy rated jaunts, you will want to up your game so I offer something a little more challenging. 

So, there you have it. Best Easy Day Hikes Birmingham is available now. Best of all, it's pocket sized - small enough to fit into your back pocket, fanny pack, or day pack.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment